Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday Tutorial

Happy Tuesday All!

I've got a super fun little tutorial to share with you today.  Get out those used dryer sheets - NO, we're not doing laundry (that's overrated!).  Get out your circle or circle scalloped nesties/punches, a fun little brad you love and some glimmer mist/or ink.

What are we making with these dryer sheets if we're not doing laundry - well, this tutorial is gonna have you looking forward to pulling the laundry outta the dryer (whether or not you get it folded, that's an entirely different story)

FABULOUS little THRIFTY FLOWERS!
As I'm sure you figured out from last week's tutorial - I LOVE recycling, reusing or repurposing items

Let's get started!
First you'll want to stack together a few dryer sheets - don't worry if they're all krinkled - it'll add character to your flower (you can also use tulle too).
Cut your dryer sheets (I like using my nesties to cut these - super quick, super simple)
You'll want to cut them in a few different sizes because we'll layer them a little later.
I cut three different sizes for this one and four of each size.
 Once you have your circles or scalloped circles cut, you'll want to color them the color you'd like with either ink or glimmer mist.
I usually toss my dryer sheets into a plastic bag bag and spritz with my glimmer mist.
 Once your dryer sheets are dry, stack your circles and using a cropadile or punch - put a small hole in the middle, install your brad and get to usin' these beauties!!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Hugs
~Min~


11 comments:

  1. Very cute Min! I actually like the look of the dryer sheet flowers even better than the tulle flowers. And I love that you pointed out that you put your circles in a zip loc and then spritz them. Those tips are the best. That way I don't have to figure it out and make a mess in the process. :)

    And darn it! This week I have my laundry all done. Next time you plan to give us permission NOT to do laundry, will you give me a little advance warning. (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Min - I don't use dryer sheets but this idea can really reuse anything - tissue paper from packaging could be one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Tutorial, Min! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use dryer sheets either, but I love the look of the sheets over the tulle flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA Shelly - you make me laugh. I'll be sure to give you a head up next time you don't have to do laundry. Hopefully your family doesn't mind going commando if you go for a long time not doing laundry!!

    I love the dryer sheet flowers too - they have more FLUFF to them than the tulle flowers. Great idea too about the tissue paper Prita! Isn't reusing what you have FUN?!
    Hugs!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea...and I like to think I am one of the many queens of re-using!! I have just started acquiring nesties, so will be sure to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this fab idea!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great idea ;) WOW really love this :) thank you for sharing this tut! inspirational :)

    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great idea to use the dryer sheets. Now I need to get that laundry done so I can start saving my used dryer sheets.
    What a fab idea to put them in a bag before spraying the glimmer mist. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tried to make a flower out of dryer sheets..but I must say that the cutting with the cuttlebug was hard to do!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, here I am again.......interested in my flower???? you can find it here
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete